If you’re a teacher preparing to go back to school, let’s take a moment to talk about your personal safety and how MySudo can help protect it this new school year.
As a teacher, when you use your personal email and phone number to reach out to students, you’re risking your safety and privacy. Sharing your private contact details with your school community could expose you to:
- Harassment and unwanted attention
- Stalking and cyberbullying
- Identity theft
- Credit card fraud.
According to an American Psychological Association survey of 15,000 educators, one-third of teachers reported at least one incident of verbal harassment or threats from students during the 2020–21 school year, and 14% were physically attacked. School administrators reported even higher incidence numbers.
While school harassment has increased during the pandemic, the threats are real in any year. Exposing your private contact information to the student body may increase the risks to your personal safety.
MySudo lets teachers communicate safely with students and families
MySudo is a safe communications tool that gives teachers separate, secure email addresses and phone numbers so they can reach out to the school community without exposing their private contact information.
MySudo is simple to use, offers easy mass messaging for class notices, and safeguards personal privacy.
How does MySudo help to protect educators?
- You create secure digital profiles called Sudos. Each Sudo has its own phone number*, handle, email, private browser and virtual card**, so you can use your Sudo details instead of your own.
- You give your Sudos a purpose, like Class Communications, PTA Fundraiser, or Meetings.
- Within each Sudo, you can make voice, video and group calls, and send texts and emails without giving up your private details. And if others use MySudo too, your communications are end-to-end encrypted.
- Once your students graduate your class, or the fundraiser finishes, you simply mute or re-set your dedicated Sudos and move on.
We’re offering a FREE 3-month trial to teachers this new school year!
To help you engage openly and safely with your students, we’re offering teachers a free 3-month trial of MySudo through our Sudo Safe school partnership initiative.
We started Sudo Safe as a way to partner with organizations that promote safe use of the internet, and those organizations that support at-risk people who may have a specific need for privacy and security in their life. We see teachers, school administrators and other professionals in the school community as having this specific need for privacy and safety.
Our goal with Sudo Safe is to support at-risk users and to be a privacy resource for organizations supporting their members.
Through Sudo Safe we have partnered with the National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) as part of its Safety Net Project. The NNEDV explores technology in the context of intimate partner violence, sexual assault, and violence against women. The NNEDV has reviewed MySudo and you can read their review and advice here.
Be safer this new school year with MySudo
To access a 3-month free trial of MySudo SudoGo plan, or to learn how the Sudo Safe Initiative can support your school, email us at email@example.com.
Have a great year!